Yes you have guessed it, this is a classic Tuna Niçoise salad originating from Nice in France. I have complimented the dish with Electric Lemon CBD oil, and added a few healthy tweaks too.
Tuna fish is classed as a superfood as it aids your bodies heart, bones, skin, energy levels, blood pressure and immune system. Tuna are packed full of micronutrients and healthy fats, so along with the other components within the salad you’re in for a real health-boosting meal. Adding the CBD oil amplifies the best of natures harvest, and the more we focus on our diet, the more we can aid our overall wellbeing.
Our bodies have two brains. The second brain is commonly referred to as the GIT (gastrointestinal tract) and works with the first brain. The healthier our guts are, the more balanced our bodies chemistry. When adding CBD into your daily routine, you are strengthening all the natural processes that occur internally.
This recipe provides plenty of natural healthy oils, vitamins, minerals and fibre that aids good gut health and feeds our second brain, or GIT.
Prep time/cook time 30 minutes.
- 4ml Tailored Wellbeing Electric Lemon CBD oil.
- 4 x 6oz Tuna steaks.
- 8 x New potatoes (halved, boiled then sautéed for texture).
- 4 x Plum tomatoes, quartered.
- 100g French beans, trimmed and blanched (the crunchier, the better for me).
- 4 x Little Gem lettuce hearts, quartered.
- 1 x Good handful of fresh spinach (not classic but I have added this as a health boost).
- 1 x red onion, sliced fine.
- 4 x eggs, boiled (6 minutes in boiling water).
- 6 x Anchovy fillets, chopped.
- 1 x good handful of olives.
- 4 x Sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped.
- 1 x half a lemon.
- 1tbsp Virgin olive oil, for cooking the tuna.
- 4ml Tailored Electric lemon CBD.
- 100ml of good extra virgin olive oil.
- 3tbsp aged red wine vinegar.
- 1tbsp chopped flat parsley.
- 2tbsp finely chopped chives.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper to taste.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and leave to stand.
- Take a cast iron pan and sear the tuna steak off for two and a half minutes on each side.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, season the fish with salt and then take off the heat.
- Take all your salad ingredients, put in a large bowl and toss with your dressing.
- Arrange and layer the salad onto four plates/bowls.
- Place your Tuna steaks on top and Voila!
A very “Nicoise”! way to treat your body.