We don’t always want to spend ages in the kitchen, especially on hot days like these. This simple, nutritious fruit salad is quick, easy and if you serve it chilled, almost frozen say, It will brighten up your day – especially as in this recipe I have added the Tropical Daze CBD oil drops.
You can go to town on how many fruits you want to wash, peel and chop up into this salad, you could even add dried fruit like prunes if you so wished. The natural sugar, Fructose, is found in fruit along with fibre content that will not only provide you with energy, but also aid your GIT functionality.
I added a little fine-grain pink Himalayan salt to this recipe as it helps intensify the fruit flavours. Pink Himalayan salt is chemically similar to table salt, and contains up to 98% sodium chloride. The rest of the salt consists of trace minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium which give the salt its light pink tint. Sodium is an essential trace mineral found in salt, as the body needs it for a variety of functions.
It can support:
- contracting and relaxing muscles
- maintaining proper fluid balance and preventing dehydration
- sending nervous system impulses
- preventing low blood pressure
So when it is hot and we sweat, we need to be conscious of our hydration for our bodily functions to work properly, which is one of the reasons I chose to add the salt to make this salad even better for these hot summer days.
All the ingredients should be washed, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces.
- 1 apple
- 1 kiwi
- 1 banana
- 1 pineapple
- 1 mango
- 3 satsuma
- 20 red grapes
- 4ml Tropical Daze CBD oil
- 1 pinch of Pink fine Himalayan salt.
- Prepare all the fruit
- Toss in a bowl, add the CBD oil and season with the salt.
- Toss and mix well once again, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled through, or what I did was put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Serve with chilled cucumber and mint water, and hydrate!