If you are looking for a nutrient rich, fresh, fruity wellbeing drink that tastes amazing and is packed full of fibre and fruity goodness this is the one of my favourites.
This smoothie recipe is simple and provides the body with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron and of course all the wellbeing from our Tropical Daze Cannabidiol (CBD) oral drop oil.
The key to this is all the fresh ingredients need to go into your blender first and the frozen in last. Why? Basically, because you need to puree all the fresh ingredients down first with the liquid whether it is made with water or my preferred ingredient, almond milk. If you put the frozen choice of fruit in first it will end up warm before the other ingredients are pureed fine enough.
It needs to be a chilled fresh refreshing drink rather than a warm one, it is far more enjoyable cold.
- 230ml water or almond milk (I prefer almond for the extra goodness)
- 1 small banana or 1/2 of a large one
- 2 clementine’s or 1 orange, peeled
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled
- 60 grams frozen pineapple chunks
- 4 pipettes/ 4ml of TROPICAL DAZE CBD OIL (132mg of CBD)
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds optional (but this is the super food element)
1. Prepare, peel and chop up all your fruits
2. Put all your ingredients into your food processor, smoothie maker or blender in the order listed above (if your equipment is too small for all the ingredients at once divide it down into equal quantities and blend in little batches)
3. Blitz to a smooth consistency but not too long so that it begins to warm the smoothie!
TIP: You could also use fresh pineapple and frozen mango, or fresh mango & pineapple with frozen banana. You want at least one fruit to be frozen. You can mix your frozen fruit as long as one of the them is frozen for the recipe, for example switch out the pineapple for mango or banana!
Plus, another little tip if your fruit bowl is looking a little sorry for itself and you have too much! before the fruits ripen too far and spoil, prepare it, peel it and cut into large chunky pieces, and freeze them in freezer bags. You then have smoothie ingredients ready to go straight out of your freezer.