Our Head Tailor, James, is a Michelin trained Chef and he has been looking at ways to include CBD oil in some delicious recipes. Today’s idea uses Tailored Wellbeing’s zingy Electric Lemon flavour CBD oil to create Sweet ‘Electric Lemon’ Drizzle Cakes, yum!
Nothing beats the sweet tartness of a Lemon Drizzle, especially with a crunchy citrus sugar topping that provides a real quick energy boost. They’re also really easy to make – yey! – here is the recipe so you can make your own…
- 225g (8 oz) butter, softened
- 225g (8 oz) caster sugar
- 275g (10 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
- 175g (6 oz) granulated sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1ml to 2ml Tailored Electric Lemon CBD Oil drops
- A traybake or roasting tin 30 x 23 x 4 cm (12 x 9 x 1 ½ inches)
- Preparation time: about 10 minutes
- Cooking time: about 35-40 minutes
TOP TIP: The cooked sponge needs to be still warm when the topping is added so that it absorbs the lemon syrup easily. Not too hot though or the syrup will run straight off.
1. Cut a rectangle of non-stick baking parchment to fit the base and sides of a traybake tin or roasting tin, 30 x 23 x 4 cm (12 x 9 x 1 ½ inches). Grease the tin and then line with the paper, pushing it neatly into the corners of the tin. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3.
2. Measure all the ingredients for the traybake into a large bowl and beat well for about 2 minutes until well blended, an electric mixer is best for this but of course you can also beat by hand with a wooden spoon (a bit of exercise does you good). Transfer into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the bowl with a plastic spatula to remove all of the mixture. Level the top gently with the back of the spatula.
3. Bake in the middle of the pre-heated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the traybake springs back when pressed lightly with a finger in the centre and is beginning to shrink away from the sides of the tin.
4. Allow the traybake to cool in the tin for a few minutes then lift the traybake out of the tin still in the lining paper. Carefully remove the paper and put the traybake onto a wire rack placed over a tray (to catch drips of the topping).
5. To make the crunchy topping, mix the lemon juice and granulated sugar in a small bowl to give a runny consistency then grab your bottle of Tailored Wellbeing ELECTRIC LEMON CBD OIL and drop one or two full pipettes into the mix, stir well until its well blended. Spoon this mixture evenly over the traybake whilst it is still just warm.
Cut into squares when cold, then boil the kettle and make a good strong cup of Yorkshire Tea and enjoy!
Working from home, this will surely help you relax and focus, it works for us!