The UK weather has its ups and downs as we all know too well. This is one dish that always puts a smile on my face. So, bring the sunshine inside and have a go at this simple recipe and have some fun.
You cannot beat sweet plump ripe berries, they are packed full of goodness, Rich in antioxidants and vitamins including C and K1 as well as manganese, copper and folate. This is one of the reasons they help fight inflammation in the body. In this recipe, we combine our Tailored Berry Bliss CBD oral oil drops. CBD is proving to be more and more of a benefit to those who suffer from inflammatory disorders and ailments. The particular terpene profile we created for this specific flavour also has anti-inflammatory properties in particular Myrcene and Beta-caryophyllene.
Now this recipe is so simple and takes 10 minutes to put together. I bought the meringue for ease, just make sure you get the meringue nests that have a slightly chewy center.
- 8 small meringue nests
- 1 punnet fresh Strawberries
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 200g frozen mixed berries (defrosted)
- 250ml double cream
- 25g icing sugar
- 3ml Tailored Berry Bliss CBD oil drops
- Mint to garnish
- Take the meringue and break into random size pieces, pull some apart and put to one side in a bowl.
- Prepare your berries check them for dirt and trim off the green, I always rinse my strawberries, raspberries take a little more care so don’t saturate them under the tap.
- Take 150grams of the berries and blitz in a food processor to a puree, add 10grams of icing and blitz again. Pour through a sieve and pass off the seeds (unless you want the added fibre) then stir in your CBD oil drops and leave to one side.
- Whip the 250mls of double cream and remaining icing sugar to a thick ribbon, you’ll know it is ready when you can hold the bowl over your head and don’t feel a splat! Do not over whisk mind, or you will start to make butter!
- Now take the remaining berries, make sure they are well-drained after being defrosted and in another bowl add them to a good dollop or two of the whipped cream. Fold them together and drop in some of the broken meringue nests.
- Take your bowl and portion out into 4 (or 2 or 1 it is really up to you) but you need a base so in the centre add your cream and berry mix.
- Place meringue pieces around and on top of the cream mix with your strawberries and raspberries, (get creative paint a picture in your mind)
- Drizzle your Tailored Berry Bliss CBD fruit puree and garnish with mint
Voila! Smile and serve.