The weekend is here again, and we can’t think of a better way to enjoy it other than to sit back and relax. Pick your favourite flick and have a good lick of your fingers after eating these decadent Chocolate gooey Cherry Drop cookies.
Did you know that chocolate helps relieve stress and generates the release of endorphins in the body, as well as being neuroprotectant and antioxidant? Chocolate has been a sweet and bitter treat for 1000’s of years dating back to ancient Aztecs when the high priests controlled it.
Well here in this recipe we show you how to create a simple chocolate goody, and yes, you’ve guessed it, with the bonus of our Cherry Drops CBD oil incorporated into the bake too.
Our Tailored Cherry Drops recipe adds to the beneficial properties of chocolate, as in this particular CBD oil formulation of ours is a blend of terpenes that not only helps relax your body’s cells, but provides an uplifting effect. Limonene and Terpineol both contribute to elevated mood, anti-anxiety and have calming properties.
If you get well organised, you are looking at 20 minutes preparation and only 10 minutes to bake.
Makes 15-20 depending on how large you roll your chocolate dough balls!
- 5 ml Tailored Cherry Drop CBD oil
- 60g cocoa powder (make sure you sieve it)
- 55ml Vegetable oil
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g icing sugar
- 85g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- Mix your cocoa powder, caster sugar, Cherry Drop CBD oil and vegetable oil together until its a smooth paste.
- Add one egg at a time whisking continuously until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in your sieved flour and the baking powder, and add the pinch of salt in a separate bowl, then bring both the mixers together until a soft dough forms. If it feels too loose stop, chill the mix in the fridge and cool, so it stiffens up.
- Preheat your oven at 190’c while the dough cools off.
- Pour the icing sugar onto to a tray or shallow dish, take the chocolate CBD dough out of the fridge and spoon small rounds of dough balls (or large depending on how many you wish to share??
- Roll the dough balls and dust completely in the icing sugar, keep going until all the dough is balled and dusted.
- Place on baking paper or a heatproof oven mat, space them evenly over your tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven where you know your best central hotspot is.
- Set a timer because if you go over, you will lose all the heavenly glory of the gooey goodness centres and end up with crunchy biscuits. And trust me, it is all about the goo.
- When the bell chimes, and you remove them from the oven, they may seem undercooked and too loose and wobbly. Have faith they are perfectly crafted and naturally elegant, slide them onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
Now pick your favourite flick and get ready to lick.