Now, these aren’t actual drop scones, but they are incredible Cherry scones finished and heightened with our Cherry Drop CBD oil.
It’s easy, and this recipe makes about 15 scones depending on your cutter!
30 minutes to make and only 7 minutes in the oven.
- 225g plain flour
- 30g glace cherry
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 55g unsalted butter
- 30g castor sugar
- 146ml whole milk
- 4 full pipettes of Tailored Cherry Drops CBD oil
- 1 egg beaten to glaze and finish
Preheat the oven to 220’C/425’F or gas mark 7.
1. Sift the flour with baking powder
2. Rub in the butter and stir in the sugar and salt
3. Make a deep well in the middle of your mix
4. Add the 4 full pipettes of Tailored Cherry Drops oil into the milk and whisk to combine
5. Pour the milk and CBD oil mix into the deep well you have made and using a palette knife mix in and bring together
6. Add your chopped cherries
7. Dust your work surface with some more flour and knead your mix very lightly until smooth. Roll out the dough to around 2.5cm thick and then cut into small rounds
8. Brush the tops with the beaten egg and bake in your preheated oven toward the top, or the hottest point in your oven (We all know they vary).
7 minutes and take out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
TOP TIP: One of the best things you can do when baking scones is to be light with your hands! The lighter, the better for a well baked scrummy scone.