This chickpea, feta, beetroot and red onion CBD salad is a beautiful source of natural fuel for the body and acts as a perfect recovery tonic.
I have used a mixture of raw and cooked vegetables along with the chickpeas, beetroot and more. My choice of using Feta cheese is because it boosts the macronutrient count in this salad, and compared to other cheeses it’s low in calories and fat. It also contains a high amount of B vitamins, phosphorus and calcium, which can benefit bone health. Additionally, feta contains beneficial bacteria and fatty acids.
Chickpeas boast high levels of iron, zinc, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins, all of which are especially important for vegetarians who may be lacking in these essential nutrients due to avoiding animal products.
Chickpeas are a great source of folate, also called Vitamin B6. In 28g of Chickpeas, you will find:-
- Calories: 46
- Carbs: 8 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Folate: 12% of the RDI
- Iron: 4% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 5% of the RDI
- Copper: 5% of the RDI
- Manganese: 14% of the RDI
Also a good source of fibre, protein and plant-based fat, the use of this one ingredient alone in this dish tells you it’s a powerhouse of a plate.
Interesting Fact: Beetroot adds more Nitrate to the blood, our bodies convert it to nitric oxide which helps to relax blood vessels, increase blood flow, and promote oxygen uptake, thus increasing our muscle stamina.
Obviously what makes this different to a BBCgoodfood recipe is that I have added our Tailored CBD to the mix. Not only does CBD provide a supplementing bonus in its own right, the cbd oil flavours with their unique terpene blends compliment the dish amazingly so.
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and washed.
- 1 medium sized beetroot, cooked and diced.
- 50g raw fine beans, washed, topped & tailed and cut in half
- 50g cucumber, washed and diced.
- 2 small red onions, finely sliced.
- 1 koss lettuce, washed.
- 200g Feta cheese, diced in to large cubes.
- 3 mint leaves, torn and chopped.
- 1/2 tbs Red wine vinegar
- 1ml Tailored Electric Lemon
- 1ml Tailored Alpine mint
- 5 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh milled black pepper
- To make the dressing, add the cbd oils to the vinegar and whisk, season to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl toss all the ingredients together and drizzle the dressing over.
- Serve! Now, how easy is that? Super salad ready.