This easy prawn and dumpling ramen can be made in less than half an hour. The broth is super flavourful and depending on the amount of chilli you use can pack a punch or be left tangy and sweet.
This isn’t an ‘authentic ramen’, which is time consuming and really quite difficult to master – but it is a flavour bomb of a bowl that can be whipped up fast and will satisfy that ramen craving every time! We also use Konjac noodles which are a lighter option for the stomach, and at just 26 kcal for a full pack keep those calories down!
This recipe will make 4 servings.
- 1 small / medium red onion, diced.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1.5 tablespoons chilli garlic sauce.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar.
- 4 cups soup base.
- 1 cup water
- 12 raw prawns
- 12 frozen dumplings (you can use any flavour dumpling, we used pork and Chinese leaf)
- 4 soft boiled eggs.
- 2-3 packs konjac noodles (you can use other noodles, we just prefer Konjac)
- Sesame seeds.
- Fresh lime slices (to garnish).
- Coriander (to garnish).
- Fresh red chilli (optional).
- 1-2ml Tailored Wellbeing Lemon Oral Drops
- 1ml Tailored Wellbeing Alpine Mint Oral Drops (Optional)
- Heat a pan over a high heat, add a teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Add the onion, sauté until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic and ginger, mix for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the soup base and the cup of water and mix.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, oyster sauce, fish sauce and chilli garlic sauce.
- Mix well and bring the pan back to a simmer.
- Add the dumplings, cook for 5-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked through.
- In a separate pan, bring 4 eggs to a boil and leave for 4-5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and chop in half.
- Add the prawns, these will only take 60-120 seconds – they’re ready when they turn pink and form a ‘C’ shape, if they become a ‘O’ they are becoming overcooked.
- Rinse the Konjac noodles thoroughly (if using Konjac)
- Heat up the Konjac noodles in the microwave for 60 seconds, divide in to bowls.
- Pour the broth over the noodles in each bowl, including 3 prawns and 3 dumplings.
- Add the boiled egg.
- Add 1ml – 2ml Tailored Electric Lemon CBD oral Drops
- Add 1ml Tailored Alpine Mint CBD Oral Drops (optional)
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds
- Serve with lime wedges, coriander and fresh red chilli (optional)