CBD on ICE! Gin is on the up with global food and beverage containing botanicals growing by 8% between 2014 and 2018, and flavours from a variety of plants including blackberry, gooseberry and juniper berries becoming a lot more trendy.
Well I must admit I’ve drunk more gin over the last two years than ever before, and that is down to being interested in the flavour profiles you get from the ever increasing inventive blends you find on the shelves. This recipe recreates a classic restaurant palette cleanser, Granita.
I first made this over twenty years ago while working in London, it is simple and adding the Tailored CBD oil to it can help you relax and switch off. Admittedly Granita is meant to be served between courses to freshen up the taste buds ready for the next course, but you can finish a meal off with it or eat it as you please obviously!
The Top 7 Surprising Health Benefits of Gin
- 100ml of water
- 200g of caster sugar
- 150ml of gin
- 500ml of tonic water, without saccharin
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 handful of frozen berries
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- Tailored Wellbeing CBD oil ( I chose Berry Bliss )
- Dissolve the sugar in the water over the stove in a pan for about five minutes.
- Pour in the gin, two lemons and tonic water, then pour into a freezer-proof container.
- Set aside and leave to cool down to room temperature.
- Freeze for 3 hours, whisking after the second and third hour (some freezers will take longer than others, so be patient).
- Before serving, scrape up the granita with a fork to give it a softer texture. You want it to look like slush!
- Drizzle over you CBD oil drops and top with berries and mint.
You can use Electric Lemon or Alpine Mint in this recipe too, it’s up to you so play around or why not mix all three?